Promoting local and regional self-government and the institutional reinforcement of local governments in the region
Bringing together local officials and policy makers to strengthen the feeling of sharing a common Mediterranean destiny
Developing and enhancing
Developing and enhancing the role of local institutions in the formulation, management and leadership of development and solidarity policies the closest to the citizens
Providing information on available initiatives and mechanisms for local and regional development
- D -15 Local Authorities, agencies, universities, NGOs.... Promote your actions to adapt to climate change during COP 22! Mediterranean actors , ADEME and its partners, Union for the Mediterranean, MEDENER, Plan Bleu, the Mediterranean Commission CGLU as well as the expert group MedECC, are [...]
- Here is the updated programme: Programme_Workshops_Sousse Elected representatives from Algeria, France, Greece, Italia, Morocco, Mauritania, Slovenia, Spain and Tunisia will discuss the future of their territories. Register on the plateforme : https://form.jotformeu.com/61784163232353 is propo[...]
- A call for projects aimed at supporting local initiatives for social and professional integration of excluded young people in Algeria has been launched under the EU-funded Support Programme for Youth and Employment (PAJE) in Oran, Annaba, Béchar et Khenchela. Aimed at Algerian civil society organ[...]
A LA UNE
UCLG’s Mediterranean Commission partner of the Mediterranean Climate Change Adpatation Awards
ADEME, the French Energy Transition Agency, and its parters, among which the Mediterranean Commission of UCLG, is launching a competition in order to highlight concrete solutions for adptation to the impacts of climate change in the Mediterranean territories: Mediterranean Climate Change Adaptation Awards.
The goal of the awards is to show to Mediterranean stakeholders good practices in adaptation to climate change specific for the Mediterranean area. It also aims at enriching their reflections and encouraging them to act.
Local and regional authorities, national agencies, universities ans NGOs from the Mediterranean Basin can apply for one of the following categories:
- developments, infrastructures and buildings
- ecosystems and natural resources
- design and implementation methods for public policies
Deadline for applications is 16th Septembet 2016.
Application form and competition rules are available on ADEME website. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From 26 to 28 September, Nantes Metropole will organise the Climate Actors World Summit. All information on Climate Chance.
- The WORLD SUMMIT of LOCAL and REGIONAL LEADERS will be celebrated from 12 ot 15 OCTOBER 2016 in BOGOTA (COLOMBIA) Held every three years, the United Cities and Local Governments[...]
- The third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development will take place in Quito on 17-20 October 2016. Read more about the role of local and regional a[...]
- The Anna Lindh Foundation has announced the launch of the 3rd edition of its “Euro-Mediterranean Forum on Intercultural Dialogue”, which will take place in Valetta on 24th and 25th[...]