Promoting local and regional self-government and the institutional reinforcement of local governments in the region
Bringing together local officials and policy makers to strengthen the feeling of sharing a common Mediterranean destiny
Developing and enhancing
Developing and enhancing the role of local institutions in the formulation, management and leadership of development and solidarity policies the closest to the citizens
Providing information on available initiatives and mechanisms for local and regional development
- A call for projects aimed at supporting local initiatives for social and professional integration of excluded young people in Algeria has been launched under the EU-funded Support Programme for Youth and Employment (PAJE) in Oran, Annaba, Béchar et Khenchela. Aimed at Algerian civil society organ[...]
- UCLG'circular The 4th Forum of Local and Regional Authorities of the Mediterranean, initially scheduled for the 22nd and 23rd of September 2016 in Sousse, Tunisia, has to be postponed due to new information received on Tunisian municipal elections to be held in March 2017. In view of maintaini[...]
- The European Commission has launched new support measures worth EUR 27.5 million to support the North Africa region in addressing the current migration situation. The EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa adopted three new programmes which will focus on the following areas: migration governance, protec[...]
A LA UNE
UCLG’s Mediterranean Commission partner of the Mediterranean Climate Change Adpatation Awards
ADEME, the French Energy Transition Agency, and its parters, among which the Mediterranean Commission of UCLG, is launching a competition in order to highlight concrete solutions for adptation to the impacts of climate change in the Mediterranean territories: Mediterranean Climate Change Adaptation Awards.
The goal of the awards is to show to Mediterranean stakeholders good practices in adaptation to climate change specific for the Mediterranean area. It also aims at enriching their reflections and encouraging them to act.
Local and regional authorities, national agencies, universities ans NGOs from the Mediterranean Basin can apply for one of the following categories:
- developments, infrastructures and buildings
- ecosystems and natural resources
- design and implementation methods for public policies
Deadline for applications is 16th Septembet 2016.
Application form and competition rules are available on ADEME website. For more information: email@example.com
- Towards the 4th Forum of Local and Regional Authorities of the Mediterranean, the UCLG's Mediterranean Commission and its members are organising workshops in Sousse (Tu[...]
- From 26 to 28 September, Nantes Metropole will organise the Climate Actors World Summit. All information on Climate Chance.
- The WORLD SUMMIT of LOCAL and REGIONAL LEADERS will be celebrated from 12 ot 15 OCTOBER 2016 in BOGOTA (COLOMBIA) Held every three years, the United Cities and Local Governments[...]
- The third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development will take place in Quito on 17-20 October 2016. Read more about the role of local and regional a[...]