Promoting local and regional self-government and the institutional reinforcement of local governments in the region
Bringing together local officials and policy makers to strengthen the feeling of sharing a common Mediterranean destiny
Developing and enhancing
Developing and enhancing the role of local institutions in the formulation, management and leadership of development and solidarity policies the closest to the citizens
Providing information on available initiatives and mechanisms for local and regional development
- GOLD IV report studies the role that local and regional governments can play within the emerging new global consensus. Through key international agreements such as the 2030 Agenda, the Paris Agreement on Climate and the New Urban Agenda, the international community has finally committed to leave ine[...]
- During its World Congress in Bogota, UCLG local and regional governments have elected a new President : Parks Tau, President of the South African Local Government Association (SALGA) UCLG has also adopted an ambitious political agenda to bring the priorities and concerns of local and regional[...]
- Here are the main recommendations from the Workshops held in Sousse (September - 22&23) : recommendationsworkshopssousse
- Hôtel Mövenpick, Sousse, 22&23 September 2016 120 participants from Algeria, Egypt, France, Greece, Italia, Lebanon, Morocco, Slovenie, Spain and of course Tunisia attended our Workshops opened by the Tunisian Ministry of Local Affairs and Environment. Thanks to all and in particular to o[...]
A LA UNE
Successful Workshops of the UCLG’Med Commission !
120 participants from Algeria, Egypt, France, Greece, Italia, Lebanon, Morocco, Slovenie, Spain and of course Tunisia attended our Workshops opened by the Tunisian Ministry of Local Affairs and Environment.
Thanks to all and in particular to our partners !
Recommendations and Proceedings will be available later.
The event has been organised with the support of:
- The 22th United Nations Climate Change Conference will be held in Marrakech (Morocco) on 7-18 November 2016. More information on : UNFCCC
- In the continuity of the 2012 Mediterranean MPA Forum (Antalya, Turkey), MedPAN, RAC/SPA, the Haut Commissariat aux Eaux et Forêts et à la Lutte Contre la Désertification and sever[...]
- After its Workshops held in Sousse on September 22 & 23, the Mediterraenan Commission of UCLG is organising the 4th Forum of Local and Regional Authorities in the Mediterranean[...]
- As agreed by the Steering Committee of MedCities held on 23rd of March in Marseille (France), the Medcities Annual Conference will be held next 1-2 December 2016 in Tetutan (Moro[...]